Oh, alright.
The race actually took me
a little bit
(5 hours, 10 minutes, and 35 seconds)
longer than that.
(Beware: I do speak, briefly, about poo...)
In short:
I loved it.
Every minute.
I'll definitely do it again.
While I didn't get the time that I'd wanted,
I had the most incredible time.
Chicago on 10.10.10, anyone?
It does not depend on the man who wills or runs,
but God who shows mercy. Romans 9:16

23 comments:
That made me cry! I can't believe how peppy you sound throughout! And passing all those peeps at the end-woo hoo! I am so proud of you and inspired...but not 26.2 inspired. 13.1 inspired.
love it! and chicago, of course!
I loved it!! I especially loved where you had @ 3/10 of a mile left and everyone was cheering for YOU.
(And I didn't even mind the poo part... does running make you have to poo?!)
YOU GO GIRL!!!
Do you need a cheering section on 10.10.10?! ;-)
And wait a second... what about the BOSTON marathon?!
casey, i can't wait to run the half with you.
ang, chicago again for sure???
and christine, you have to qualify for boston and i think it's just a little bit too fast for me... but, if i could, i'd be there. nothing like spencer to motivate a girl!!
I didn't get a chance to watch the video yet, BUT FOR SURE Chicago on 10/10. Gabe and I will cheer you on!!
When I lived in the city, I would watch it every year and have a blast cheering on the runners.
I think you can get around that whole qualifying thing if you run for charity. Just sayin'. ;-)
fine. boston, anyone?
(there, are you happy christine?)
:)
That was so fun to watch! The poop thing, hee hee. That happens to my hubby when he runs long races (don't tell him I told you). And no SK in Disney? Boo!
I would absolutely love to run the 2010 Chicago. If only we were closer to train together. I've been trying to find someone here to run with. Our running clubs are way too advanced for me.
Hey lady. I hope you know how PROUD I am of you. The whole last like 3-4 minutes, I had tears streaming down my cheeks, snot oozing out of my nose, blubbering like a darn fool. It's a beautiful thing. Well, not the snot, but the race. You know what I mean... I love how you totally picked up the pace at the end. But I cannot believe that you lost your team at mile 17!!! That's a long 9 miles to go it alone, and you DID it my friend. Big hugs from a fellow runner.
And I have to say that I'm actually considering 10.10.10...
PS - I almost wanted to puke from all the jostling. And I gotta know when you ate your Mr. Goodbar...
thanks for sharing! the video was awesome! i had tears while i watched. it's one of my goals to finish a marathon. hmmm. i might consider 10.10.10. i just need to get my butt in gear!
Thank you! :-) See, that's all I'm looking for!
And Elizabeth reminded me... the only part I could actually relate too (cause I will never be able to run a marathon) is the candy part. You get candy too!?
awesome. i love how people are cheering for you. buddy, ella and i watched this together. they have one question: why did you have to stop to poop?
that part of the video is ella's favorite part. "i want to see emily says i need to stop to poop."
xo
n
So glad that you loved it. So proud that you did. And love that you shared.
thank you for sharing that. i do holdout hope that someday you'll agree to run one almost as fun as this one with me.
The poop thing totally gets Nate too, we call it Evil Poop Monster, or EPM for short and in public. CONGRATS Emily, this was such a fun account to watch and read about!
Awesome video!! It even made me briefly think "that would be fun." Very briefly. But, if were to run a marathon, Disney would be the place to do it. Good job Emily!!
Oh! I loved watching this video.
You looked good! And sounded good! Not even out of breath at the end...cruising past all those people. I will be cheering you on if you do CHI 2010....but I THINK ;) that Spring 2011 I will be back in action...Let's start dreaming. Love you girl. So proud of you.
Man alive! Good work girl! You passed so many people. So what was worse - child labour or the marathon? xo
Wow - I can't believe you were filming as you ran!
hi emily...thanks for checking out my blog! you are are certainly right, we do have those two things in common. though, i am only a half-marathoner not a cool marathoner like you. (nice job at WDW...the video was awesome!)
you have a beautiful family! i look forward to following your adventures!
Hi Emily,
I am friends with your cousin Mackenzie... I mentioned that I have just decided to do the Walt Disney World Marathon next year and she told me to check out your blog! I loved the video, I'm so excited now!! Any advice you have would be excellent, I'm a beginner when it comes to marathon running so I am soaking up every piece of information I can get! Congrats again, talk to you soon I hope!
(My blog can be found at endometriosisister.blogspot.com)
Yeah! Loved seeing the video. I could have sworn that was WI in the beginning--dark, cold, not at all what Disney World is supposed to be! You looked so strong through the whole thing, like it was no big deal. Way to go!!! I wanted to see more port-a-potty shots, but you can't win them all...
Post a Comment