
Oh, Emmett.
You spent a better portion of this past weekend not feeling well.
I can't stand it when you or one of your brothers is ill.
There is nothing worse than not being able to take the hurt away,
not being able to fix your owie.
I LOVE (and am utterly exhausted by)
the fact that when you are sick you only have eyes for me.
No, Papa, I want Mama do it.
Mama, please 'nuggle me.
Seep with me in my bed.
As much as I hate when you're sick,
I quietly enjoy the slowed down version of you.
A little man who rests a bit.
Depends a lot. On me.
You are usually so full steam ahead.
So full of fire.
Passionate. (That's the nice word your Papa uses to describe it...)
It's okay to slow down a little bit, honey.
Take it eeeeeasy.
Mama wuvs you, too.
13 comments:
this picture needs to be entered in some sort of contest, somewhere. it's norman rockwell-ish, or something like that. he looks pretty angelic for being such our favorite little devil. hope he feels better tomorrow; i'll do my best to 'nuggle him at nap time.
such a sweet letter from a mama to her little man. and that photo? BOTH hands tucked under his little head? you couldn't have posed that any more perfectly (though I know you didn't). adorable.
Oh, my. I have to agree with Aunt Sica - that really is a Norman Rockwell-like photo. Emmett, you really do sound like a one of kind kid. What a beautiful post from your mama. Feel better.
awww. he is so precious. so sorry he is not well! feel better soon little guy!
Oh... poor, sweet Emmett. I hope you feel back to your "normal" self soon...
Beautiful photo!
part of this makes me think of the emmett we've been lucky enough to see on skype. first thing in the morning, 'nuggling his mama and saying sweet things to us all the way over in hong kong. only, that emmett doesn't feel sick. i hope he feels better soon. and this picture really is beautiful. as jessica says, very norman rockwell-ish.
love you all.
So sweet. I hope he feels better soon. LOVE that photo.
Emily, that photo is so sweet! Hope Emmett is feeling better!
Sweet photo. Sweet post. Hope your sweet (passionate) boy is better soon.
This is so sweet. I love the picture.
i just can't get enough of this post. he looks SO cute. and i love what you wrote. SO true that sick days are sad but in a way almost (forgive me, zeek) *nice*. :)
Feel better little Emmett
How beautiful. That picture - is so peaceful - I love that his hands are folded just so.
Post a Comment