Thursday, December 3, 2009

You have questions, I have answers!

Question #2
courtesy of Kelly!!

Kelly asked:
How do you manage to find time to be an awesome mama AND also find the time to hang out with girlfriends and be a runner?? (No sleep required?)

My answer:
Well, um, first off...

"an awesome mama" is an incredibly kind description, Kelly.
And, as I do have my moments of awesomeness (not afraid to admit it...), I have just. as. many. (if not more) of absolute disgrace. disgustingness. discombobulation. (Not afraid to admit that, either....)

Now, to get to your question. My answer is really, quite simple.
I have Dave.

This wonderful husband and father who puts in just as much around here (if not more, at times) than I do. I can honestly say that I do not know any other fathers like him. We work opposite shifts, which means that Dave is at home and on his own with our 3 boys just as much as I am. And, with my marathon training meaning LONG runs on the weekends, his time one-on-3 with Theo, Emmett, and Rubin has been magnified. multiplied. mad.

Dave never says no to me. And so, if I want to do a race or spend time with my girlfriends (usually I am able to do both at the same time!) my husband usually not only encourages me to go for it but does everything in his power to make it happen.

My answer:

This incredible man.

12 comments:

The Browns said...

One more thing we have in common. We are abundantly blessed girlfriend. ABUNDANTLY BLESSED!

Elizabeth Frick said...

Yay for Dave! And I'm with the Browns - I've got me a winner too :)

kelly said...

What a wonderful answer! Thanks for that! Dave sounds like an awesome husband and dad. I'm lucky that way too. What would we do without these guys?

Casey said...

Kudos Dave!

Anne said...

What a good guy! He reminds me of someone I know and love: my hubby. They have lots in common!!! How lucky are we???

Anonymous said...

i should send you some sort of "finder's fee"....

Bekah said...

Very nice...what a wonderful answer!

gilly said...

awwwww.

Norbyah said...

and he'll never complain or even tell you if he has a migraine. he'll force us out the door to have a good time, encourage us and tell us not to worry. he really IS magnificent. i miss having him as my neighbour. but i'm very glad that he's cally's godfather.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Awww. How sweet! It's like a mini love letter... I love it! How lucky you are my friend! (Although you are pretty awesome too, so he's lucky as well)

erin BEAVER said...

He is tall, too.

Krista said...

that made me smile. what a great partner.

Our Adoption Timeline

  • December 23, 2009- Adoption Finalized.
  • May 7th, 2009- Family circle complete in Madison.
  • May 6th, 2009- Mama's got Rubin in Seoul.
  • May 4th, 2009- meet Rubin
  • April 23rd, 2009- Visa Interview
  • April 22nd, 2009- TRAVEL CALL!!
  • April 14th, 2009- Packet 3
  • April 7th, 2009- NVC out
  • April 1st 2009 (no foolin')- I171 received
  • March 9th, 2009- I171H received
  • February 27th, 2009- progress report from SWS
  • February 24th, 2009- Fingerprinted at USIS
  • February 19, 2009-Rubin's legals arrive in state.
  • February 16, 2009- mailed referral acceptance.
  • February 12, 2009- received referral paperwork.
  • January 29, 2009- verbally accepted referral
  • January 27, 2009- received unofficial referral.
  • January 20, 2009- I600A received and filed with the Dept. of Homeland Security
  • January 16, 2009- submitted I600A
  • January 12, 2009- homestudy document complete.
  • January 12, 2009-received Foster Home Licensing
  • December 22, 2008- A.I.A.A. director approves application, establishes our file, and requests our homestudy documents from J.D.
  • December 5, 2008- submitted Foster Licensing application.
  • November 25, 2008- A.I.A.A. accepted official application.
  • November 15, 2008- submitted formal application to A.I.A.A.
  • November 13, 2008- final homestudy meeting.
  • November 12, 2008- autobiographies completed.
  • October 30, 2008- second homestudy meeting.
  • October 22, 2008- received formal application from A.I.A.A.
  • October 14, 2008- first homestudy meeting.
  • October 1, 2008- submitted pre-application to Americans for International Adoption and Aid
  • September 25, 2008- submitted application packet to Adoption Advocates, Inc.
  • September 18, 2008- first meeting with social worker (J.D.)
  • August 2008- decided to adopt

Followers