Friday, December 18, 2009

Did I hear somebody say CHRISTMAS?!




This morning we gathered into our packed church for Theo, Gabe, and Lucy's annual school Christmas concert. This year's theme was
What's Christmas All About Anyway? A Charlie Brown Christmas
and it was wonderful.

Of course, I cried when Theo's 4-year-old kindergarden class performed their hit,
This Little Light of Mine


I just love the half-sing/half-shout thing they have going on.

I also loved their halos...



Rubin managed to keep himself occupied throughout
the hour long concert by
1.) flirting with the woman who was sitting behind us
2.) trying on Mama's mittens and sunglasses and
3.) dancing with his cousin Nora in the aisles.
Emmett was pretty content just to sit on his Papa's lap and listen.

I was happy to get this photo when all of the singing was done.


I can't wait to see what the next 13 years of
Christmas concerts at St. D's has in store for these cousins.

9 comments:

Aunt Casey said...

Theo looks thrilled in the last picture! I wish we could have been there! Thanks for the video.

Angie K. said...

this was great. just the thing i needed to end my day on a good note.

sue said...

so cute! such precious little boys!

Elizabeth Frick said...

What lovable little guys you have! Gotta meet them.

Kris said...

The pictures are beautiful and I enjoyed the video! As a former preschool teacher I can appreciate how difficult it is to get a group of 4 year old children to all sing in unison - that was fabulous.

Bekah said...

I adore every picture you take of your boys. They always crack me up!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

OK - I think Theo needs to come visit me. Permanently. And Spencer wants to know if the blonde all the way on the right is available for a playdate. I think he's smitten, considering we've had to look at her multiple times today. (The fact that he points to her and then signs "play" is also a clue)

kelly said...

I LOVE YOUR KIDS (and I've never even met them :)

So cute. You captured them wonderfully in these photos too!

Krista said...

What perfect little angels!!

Our Adoption Timeline

  • December 23, 2009- Adoption Finalized.
  • May 7th, 2009- Family circle complete in Madison.
  • May 6th, 2009- Mama's got Rubin in Seoul.
  • May 4th, 2009- meet Rubin
  • April 23rd, 2009- Visa Interview
  • April 22nd, 2009- TRAVEL CALL!!
  • April 14th, 2009- Packet 3
  • April 7th, 2009- NVC out
  • April 1st 2009 (no foolin')- I171 received
  • March 9th, 2009- I171H received
  • February 27th, 2009- progress report from SWS
  • February 24th, 2009- Fingerprinted at USIS
  • February 19, 2009-Rubin's legals arrive in state.
  • February 16, 2009- mailed referral acceptance.
  • February 12, 2009- received referral paperwork.
  • January 29, 2009- verbally accepted referral
  • January 27, 2009- received unofficial referral.
  • January 20, 2009- I600A received and filed with the Dept. of Homeland Security
  • January 16, 2009- submitted I600A
  • January 12, 2009- homestudy document complete.
  • January 12, 2009-received Foster Home Licensing
  • December 22, 2008- A.I.A.A. director approves application, establishes our file, and requests our homestudy documents from J.D.
  • December 5, 2008- submitted Foster Licensing application.
  • November 25, 2008- A.I.A.A. accepted official application.
  • November 15, 2008- submitted formal application to A.I.A.A.
  • November 13, 2008- final homestudy meeting.
  • November 12, 2008- autobiographies completed.
  • October 30, 2008- second homestudy meeting.
  • October 22, 2008- received formal application from A.I.A.A.
  • October 14, 2008- first homestudy meeting.
  • October 1, 2008- submitted pre-application to Americans for International Adoption and Aid
  • September 25, 2008- submitted application packet to Adoption Advocates, Inc.
  • September 18, 2008- first meeting with social worker (J.D.)
  • August 2008- decided to adopt

Followers