If you know us, you know our vacation wouldn't rank very high without fantastic food. Oh, how we loved the food!
A wonderful woman named Teresa made me an omelet almost every morning. Add some fresh fruit and a donut (of course!)... pure heaven!
The seafood!
Handmade chips with guacamole and fresh diced salsa, available almost 24 hours a day!!
My mom's rice balls. She said they were delicious. I think this might have been the only food in the joint I didn't try!
A ginger torte topped with mango mousse and fresh fruit. Seriously.
Oh, okay, I admit it... we loved the drinks, too...
(My morning cappy...)
(Dave's breakfast, complete with a tall glass of beet, carrot, and apple puree...)
Oh, Chi Chi, how I loved you. I will perfect the art of making you, delightful drinky-drink, this summer.
La cerveza del dia.
Dave likes his hot. Our waiter referred to a Bloody Mary as a Bloody Sister. I don't really like either phrase.
Of course, if I had to pick one favorite from our entire culinary experience, I would HAVE to choose this dessert...
Tempura battered, fried banana over coconut ice cream, drizzled with warm chocolate.
Luckily, I didn't discover this treat until our final night in Mexico. Any sooner, and I'd have come back home carrying an extra 5 pounds.
6 comments:
did dave manage to keep his white t-shirts free of beet, carrot and apple puree? we'll have to try that mix at our fruit juice stand in the market. the coconut ice-cream banana dessert looks divine! xo
Now this is what I call a vacation!! I love to eat my way through them. I'm sooo hungry now and my oatmeal is just not going to do it!
Mmmm... I need to go South! The food looks amazing!
I had that same banana desert (but with plain ole vanilla icecream) on Valentines - and you are right - it is AMAZING!
I am seriously questioning whether or not we were actually at an Occidental Grand or not because I am not kidding you when I tell you that our food could not have been MORE on opposite ends of the spectrum...It looks great!
ooohhh, me hungry!!! love, love love hearing about your trip - sounds like it was perfect!
Oooh wow. These pictures of all of your vittles and cocktails are awfully tempting. I'm licking my computer screen right now :)
Post a Comment