Friday, February 27, 2009

More photos of Rubin

I was met at the mailbox this afternoon by a progress report and new pictures of Rubin.  All of the information and the snapshots were taken on February 10th, the date that also marked his 8th month.  I can't stop looking, over and over again, at him.  At his surprisingly big brown eyes, his jet black hair (that's grown considerably since the last pictures were taken, in December), his chunky cheeks, his long, pink fingers. 

I am excited to have so much information about his day to day. What he's eating, how he's sleeping... the reading material is sometimes so humorous, thanks to the translation of Korean to English. Evidently, "he likes a music."  I'm not sure which one, but he likes it!!

We can not wait to meet this little guy, to bring Theo and Emmett's baby brother home.  We are so excited about the adventure that lies ahead for our family.



And, speaking of excited...

I am ECSTATIC for my friend Christine and her husband Doug, who recently received and accepted their own referral for a baby boy. I am trying to figure out a way for us BOTH to be in Korea at the same time.  Hmmmm....


9 comments:

Michelle said...

Do you like to tease us? Photos? Ahem! need.to.see.chubby.cheeks!

Norbyah said...

yes, like ella knows how to "wipe away the snots with a tissue"

xo

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

It sounds like Rubin is getting more precious by the minute! I can't wait to *see* him!! (I understand how completely hypocritical that is of me at the moment...)

And... THANKS!! :-)

I so hope we travel at the same time... there would be no better place to meet!

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to get updated photos! Rubin looks like a little prince! Not long now!

Rach@In His Hands said...

He is SOOOOOOOO adorable!!!!!

gilly said...

pinchable cheeks. cutey!

dana said...

goodness gracious - he's so stinkin' cute!

Greta Hanson said...

Rubin is adorable! Can't wait to see your blog when you get back!

Kris said...

That picture is darling. We were told that X "likes THE music." I look back at the description of him and it fits, but the wording is so funny.

Our Adoption Timeline

  • December 23, 2009- Adoption Finalized.
  • May 7th, 2009- Family circle complete in Madison.
  • May 6th, 2009- Mama's got Rubin in Seoul.
  • May 4th, 2009- meet Rubin
  • April 23rd, 2009- Visa Interview
  • April 22nd, 2009- TRAVEL CALL!!
  • April 14th, 2009- Packet 3
  • April 7th, 2009- NVC out
  • April 1st 2009 (no foolin')- I171 received
  • March 9th, 2009- I171H received
  • February 27th, 2009- progress report from SWS
  • February 24th, 2009- Fingerprinted at USIS
  • February 19, 2009-Rubin's legals arrive in state.
  • February 16, 2009- mailed referral acceptance.
  • February 12, 2009- received referral paperwork.
  • January 29, 2009- verbally accepted referral
  • January 27, 2009- received unofficial referral.
  • January 20, 2009- I600A received and filed with the Dept. of Homeland Security
  • January 16, 2009- submitted I600A
  • January 12, 2009- homestudy document complete.
  • January 12, 2009-received Foster Home Licensing
  • December 22, 2008- A.I.A.A. director approves application, establishes our file, and requests our homestudy documents from J.D.
  • December 5, 2008- submitted Foster Licensing application.
  • November 25, 2008- A.I.A.A. accepted official application.
  • November 15, 2008- submitted formal application to A.I.A.A.
  • November 13, 2008- final homestudy meeting.
  • November 12, 2008- autobiographies completed.
  • October 30, 2008- second homestudy meeting.
  • October 22, 2008- received formal application from A.I.A.A.
  • October 14, 2008- first homestudy meeting.
  • October 1, 2008- submitted pre-application to Americans for International Adoption and Aid
  • September 25, 2008- submitted application packet to Adoption Advocates, Inc.
  • September 18, 2008- first meeting with social worker (J.D.)
  • August 2008- decided to adopt

Followers