Here are the rules…
If you want to play, leave a comment on this post letting me know, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on!
If you want to play, leave a comment on this post letting me know, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on!
And so, Christine gave me the letter "H." Which is perfect, because I have had Hong Kong on my mind...

I can not believe that it has been almost 2 years since I traveled to Hong Kong (with Emmett in my tummy) to visit the Nolasco family. I can't believe that, now, we are nearly three babies bigger than we were in February of 2007. It was easy to love Hong Kong, because I love Joey, Norbyah, Michael, and Ella so very much. I can't wait to meet their fifth.
Ok, I love my boys, and I LOVE their hair. Both Theo and Emmett have their Mama and their Papa's thick, thick hair. I love how their hair smells. I love how it lays on the napes of their necks. I adore Emmett's curls, and his red. I have envelopes stuffed full of clippings from baby haircuts. I'll never throw it away. (That sounds a little creepy... oh, well.)
And, as much as I really love their locks, I can't get enough of having mine cut. I love haircuts!!! I love the entire experience, from having someone else wash my hair (and massage my temples... oooooooh!) to the sound of the professional grade blow dryer humming in my ear... This becomes a bit of a problem when I am trying to grow it out (like, right now.) I'm really just meant to be a short haired girl. I don't know who I am trying to fool. (Might as well book that appointment now...)
I have saved a lot of money for expensive haircuts by dressing my children in hand-me-downs. Thank God for the bigger boys who have come before my own, like Gabe, and Michael, and Austin, and Sam... And thank God for their Mamas, who pass their cute clothes on down. I think that I can probably count on less than my 10 fingers and 10 toes the number of new clothing articles that I have purchased for the boys. Why would I, when I can dress them like this, for free??
(hat, shirt, and shorts... handed down!!)
(jammies... hand-me-downs!!)
(cute, stripe-y turtleneck, a la Gabe!!)
(okay, the t-shirt was a gift from Norbyah. But, the pants and the socks... you got it!!)
(jammies for Emmett... check!)
Handcuffs. I do love my job. And, I never go to work without them.
The two most important men in my life both carry handkerchieves in their pockets. My father, usually in the breast pocket of one of his Filson vests. And my husband, always in the back pocket of his pants. I can't see a hanky and NOT think about both of them. And the many things about them that are alike, including how much they both love me.
And, finally, I love my Honda. I scoff at those who have teased me for driving a mini-van. I'm not certain how I would be able to transport two, much less my THREE boys, without it. It's heavenly.
I know, I know, that's only seven things that I love starting with the letter H. However, it's time for me to go to bed. I'm starting to get a headache. And that, I hate.




13 comments:
I'll play. But handcuffs??? Now you are leaving yourself open for all kinds of comments there!
I love my minivan too! Very smart thing to have!
Ha, ha, ha! There's some h's for you. I thought I was the only person who went to the salon and always told the stylist, just before she cuts...."But I AM growing it out, you know."
Ok- I'll play!
well, i don't really have a place, but I want a letter! I guess I'll have to make a note in facebook. fun. how do you decide which letter to assign?
ummm, i think i'll put all of the alphabet magnets from the fridge into a bag, and pull one out. i'll let you know what your letters are, soon! (you could put yours here, jessica, in my comments if you'd like. or, you could start your own blog...)
Oooh fun! I love blog games. can I pay you off so that I don't get "X"? :)
OOH! OOH! Me Me! I want to play..This is fun one. Send me a letter.
Love you!
B
I'm telling you - ten words about things you like starting with the same letter is *hard* (harder than 7 random or weird facts even.) But fun!Good job!
And - uhhh... hoping the handcuffs relate to law enforcement there sister.
Handcuffs. Awesome.
I'll play along, but I probably won't post until after the raffle craziness is over.
;)
still here. still pregnant. thinking of going on a long walk today. maybe eat some pineapple.
i'll play too. i needed a new blog post subject and this will be fun.
Love to play ... It's quite amazing how we marry men just like our fathers. I love my Honda CRV too!
by the way....it IS nearly two years since you've been here....and we're going to be three babies more between us....it seems like time for a return visit. =-)
xo
Post a Comment