Friday, July 3, 2009

A girl fix amidst all of this boyness.


I got my hands on Nora for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. It's amazing to me how the presence of this 2-year-old girl can change the atmosphere in my household almost instantly. My sister claims that this sweetie pie is becoming a bit of a handful. I don't buy any of it.

Emmett is so smitten with his blonde-haired, blue-eyed cousin. Maybe it's the way they came to be, growing in their mamas' tummies at exactly the same time? Just one day separated our due dates; Nora made her appearance on Emmett's due date, just 8 days before Emmett was born.



Maybe we forged a special bond between them when we bumped tummies for this photo?



Whatever it was, it's been LOVE, since the beginning of their time.
(Bear with me, here... I've been feeling ridiculously nostalgic...)









As I was looking back this morning, I was so thankful to have so many pictures of these two little firecrackers together. I can't wait to take more, as they go from 2 to 4 to 24.  I hope their relationship is always as unique as it was when it started. Our "twins."


5 comments:

erin BEAVER said...

Love the black and white photo of Nora--what a sweetie pie! Well, there's always room for another baby...right? Also, I'm pretending not to notice that Emmett has obviously received another hair cut.

Michelle said...

The first photo of Nora is awesome! How did you do it with the natural light? Tell me what lens you have. Please HELP ME! Seriously, great work, nice post!

Janet said...

Oh my...those two are SO cute together. How sweet.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

That first photo literally takes my breath away. Wow. And the photos of Nora and Emmett growing up together are so adorable! (Of course, it helps that they are both so yummy...) And lastly, how cute are you both pregnant!?

XW said...

oh my goodness, they look like they could be twins!

Our Adoption Timeline

  • December 23, 2009- Adoption Finalized.
  • May 7th, 2009- Family circle complete in Madison.
  • May 6th, 2009- Mama's got Rubin in Seoul.
  • May 4th, 2009- meet Rubin
  • April 23rd, 2009- Visa Interview
  • April 22nd, 2009- TRAVEL CALL!!
  • April 14th, 2009- Packet 3
  • April 7th, 2009- NVC out
  • April 1st 2009 (no foolin')- I171 received
  • March 9th, 2009- I171H received
  • February 27th, 2009- progress report from SWS
  • February 24th, 2009- Fingerprinted at USIS
  • February 19, 2009-Rubin's legals arrive in state.
  • February 16, 2009- mailed referral acceptance.
  • February 12, 2009- received referral paperwork.
  • January 29, 2009- verbally accepted referral
  • January 27, 2009- received unofficial referral.
  • January 20, 2009- I600A received and filed with the Dept. of Homeland Security
  • January 16, 2009- submitted I600A
  • January 12, 2009- homestudy document complete.
  • January 12, 2009-received Foster Home Licensing
  • December 22, 2008- A.I.A.A. director approves application, establishes our file, and requests our homestudy documents from J.D.
  • December 5, 2008- submitted Foster Licensing application.
  • November 25, 2008- A.I.A.A. accepted official application.
  • November 15, 2008- submitted formal application to A.I.A.A.
  • November 13, 2008- final homestudy meeting.
  • November 12, 2008- autobiographies completed.
  • October 30, 2008- second homestudy meeting.
  • October 22, 2008- received formal application from A.I.A.A.
  • October 14, 2008- first homestudy meeting.
  • October 1, 2008- submitted pre-application to Americans for International Adoption and Aid
  • September 25, 2008- submitted application packet to Adoption Advocates, Inc.
  • September 18, 2008- first meeting with social worker (J.D.)
  • August 2008- decided to adopt

Followers