Thursday, November 11, 2010

somedays i feel like...

i can't get any time,
not even a minute
to myself.

like,
even when the boys are in bed,
sound asleep,
they can see me...

or,
perhaps,
they've commissioned help from a rodent
to keep eyes on me from overhead...


somedays i feel like my every. move. is being watched.

12 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

hee hee hee... it's true. they never truly sleep. sigh.

Norbyah said...

wait. is that REAL?

jessica said...

yeah right norbyah. like a mouse would have a chance in emily's house. this is one of your more bizarre posts.

Norbyah said...

silly me. i forget. but, it's really creepy! we have those gummy rats and lizards and they ALL make me to a double take. now i want the story of how that got up there anyhow...

Colleen said...

i'm laughing and totally creeped out all at the same time!!!

Janet said...

With a house full of boys...I guess I'm not surprised. But...it totally would have freaked me out! Yikes.

Krista said...

I'm feeling the exact. same. way.
It's not a good feeling.
And please tell me that is a fake picture - and that is not a bat...

Anonymous said...

It's a Japanese spy camera disguised as a rodent.

Kris said...

I'm curious to know the story behind this. I picture all of your boys giggling as they stuck that up there to scare you.

Michelle and Stefan said...

It's the Squish version of a fly on the wall! hee hee. I'm also very impressed at how clean your kitchens counters are.
Michelle

janiece said...

On second thought--maybe I don't want Theo and Chewie being "best" friends!!! He might give Chewie ideas!
That is way too funny!

Pix said...

Huh?? I don't mind mice, but if I saw that on the ceiling I'd lose a gasket!

Our Adoption Timeline

  • December 23, 2009- Adoption Finalized.
  • May 7th, 2009- Family circle complete in Madison.
  • May 6th, 2009- Mama's got Rubin in Seoul.
  • May 4th, 2009- meet Rubin
  • April 23rd, 2009- Visa Interview
  • April 22nd, 2009- TRAVEL CALL!!
  • April 14th, 2009- Packet 3
  • April 7th, 2009- NVC out
  • April 1st 2009 (no foolin')- I171 received
  • March 9th, 2009- I171H received
  • February 27th, 2009- progress report from SWS
  • February 24th, 2009- Fingerprinted at USIS
  • February 19, 2009-Rubin's legals arrive in state.
  • February 16, 2009- mailed referral acceptance.
  • February 12, 2009- received referral paperwork.
  • January 29, 2009- verbally accepted referral
  • January 27, 2009- received unofficial referral.
  • January 20, 2009- I600A received and filed with the Dept. of Homeland Security
  • January 16, 2009- submitted I600A
  • January 12, 2009- homestudy document complete.
  • January 12, 2009-received Foster Home Licensing
  • December 22, 2008- A.I.A.A. director approves application, establishes our file, and requests our homestudy documents from J.D.
  • December 5, 2008- submitted Foster Licensing application.
  • November 25, 2008- A.I.A.A. accepted official application.
  • November 15, 2008- submitted formal application to A.I.A.A.
  • November 13, 2008- final homestudy meeting.
  • November 12, 2008- autobiographies completed.
  • October 30, 2008- second homestudy meeting.
  • October 22, 2008- received formal application from A.I.A.A.
  • October 14, 2008- first homestudy meeting.
  • October 1, 2008- submitted pre-application to Americans for International Adoption and Aid
  • September 25, 2008- submitted application packet to Adoption Advocates, Inc.
  • September 18, 2008- first meeting with social worker (J.D.)
  • August 2008- decided to adopt

Followers