Tuesday, October 26, 2010

somedays i feel like...


i can't step away,
even for long enough to go to the bathroom,
without coming back to find...

a giraffe on my stovetop trying to get in to his papa's pizza peppers.


DSC_0002

17 comments:

Greta Hanson said...

Oh yes! I really want to know how this is even possible. Rubin must be very resourceful. Can't wait to find out this weekend!

Norbyah said...

oh heavens!

Colleen said...

so here it is at 1:07 am and I can't sleep. I'm really glad I came back downstairs to check blogs. this is sooooo worth still being up right now. :)

Kimberly and Ed said...

Oh Rubin!!!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

HAhahahahahaha!!!! I love it.

Janet said...

Oh dear! I know what you mean...it is sort of scary to leave the room for even a moment sometimes. That is one CUTE giraffe you have there...who apparently likes SPICE.

Our Family said...

Love it!

Kris said...

This is hilarious! I wouldn't want to step away either. He's a fast and curious giraffe!!!

Sue said...

oh my!!
maybe an ant...or turtle...or gopher costume would keep rubin on the ground?! ;)

Elizabeth Frick said...

oh my goodness. how do you not go through life with a bottle of wine in your hand?!

Krista said...

Oh Rubin... you are such a toddler.

aunt sica said...

he has a josh look here.

Kara said...

Oh my! Little boys can get into BIG trouble!

BrandiB said...

alright, I'm sure he got in trouble, but that is too cute!

janiece said...

Oh no--I don't dare show that photo here--it might give my little monsters ideas!!! that is a classic!

kelly said...

Oh boy, that is awesome. Not sure how that happened exactly but it's awesome :)

Christy said...

Oh wow - what a great picture, even if it's not a good practice to be on the stove. ;) Thanks for sharing

Our Adoption Timeline

  • December 23, 2009- Adoption Finalized.
  • May 7th, 2009- Family circle complete in Madison.
  • May 6th, 2009- Mama's got Rubin in Seoul.
  • May 4th, 2009- meet Rubin
  • April 23rd, 2009- Visa Interview
  • April 22nd, 2009- TRAVEL CALL!!
  • April 14th, 2009- Packet 3
  • April 7th, 2009- NVC out
  • April 1st 2009 (no foolin')- I171 received
  • March 9th, 2009- I171H received
  • February 27th, 2009- progress report from SWS
  • February 24th, 2009- Fingerprinted at USIS
  • February 19, 2009-Rubin's legals arrive in state.
  • February 16, 2009- mailed referral acceptance.
  • February 12, 2009- received referral paperwork.
  • January 29, 2009- verbally accepted referral
  • January 27, 2009- received unofficial referral.
  • January 20, 2009- I600A received and filed with the Dept. of Homeland Security
  • January 16, 2009- submitted I600A
  • January 12, 2009- homestudy document complete.
  • January 12, 2009-received Foster Home Licensing
  • December 22, 2008- A.I.A.A. director approves application, establishes our file, and requests our homestudy documents from J.D.
  • December 5, 2008- submitted Foster Licensing application.
  • November 25, 2008- A.I.A.A. accepted official application.
  • November 15, 2008- submitted formal application to A.I.A.A.
  • November 13, 2008- final homestudy meeting.
  • November 12, 2008- autobiographies completed.
  • October 30, 2008- second homestudy meeting.
  • October 22, 2008- received formal application from A.I.A.A.
  • October 14, 2008- first homestudy meeting.
  • October 1, 2008- submitted pre-application to Americans for International Adoption and Aid
  • September 25, 2008- submitted application packet to Adoption Advocates, Inc.
  • September 18, 2008- first meeting with social worker (J.D.)
  • August 2008- decided to adopt

Followers